Reception Time・Medical examination Time
8:00-11:30 and 13:00-16:00 / Monday-Friday
8:00-10:30 / Saturday
※Each clinical department have each different Consultation days and time.
Weekday and Saturday morning : 8:00-10:30
Tuesday morning : 8:00-11:30
Thursday morning : 8:00-10:30
※Emergent room opens 24 hours every day. Please contact us if you need advise.
Medical examination Time
Closed : Saturday afternoon, Sunday, holiday, the year end and New Year holidays (12/29-1/3)
※Each clinical department have each different Consultation days and time.
※ For a patient with reservation, please check-in by the reservation time.
Sorry to cause an inconvenience, but we ask for your kind cooperation.
Information of Medical Fee
At Tokyo Bay Urayasu Ichikawa Medical Center, all care for patients who have neither nationality of Japan nor Japanese health insurance qualification is charged at a rate of 20 yen per one medical remuneration point.
Payment (Credit cards accessible)
We accept payment by the following credit cards at the admittance payment desk and the outpatient payment desk.
14:00-20:00 / Monday-Saturday
10:00-20:00 / Sunday and holiday
For the purpose of infection management, we refuse any visitation with a child as follows: OB-GYN ward (North Building 4th floor) – aged 12 years or younger
Pediatrics ward (South Building 4th floor) – aged 6 years or younger
The rest of the wards – aged 3 years or younger
For ICU/CCU and HCU we implement restrictions separately from the above. Please contact our staff for any question.
We ask all visitors for inpatient to sign-in at the disaster prevention center on the 1st floor and wear a visitor’s badge
• ※Hospital visits are possible anytime (24 hours). Please contact the ward staff for details
About Use of Cellphones
Please be sure to use your cellphone only at the designated areas to avoid disturbance.
For facility information please click here
We have a concierge service available for your support. The desk is located at the entrance of the building. You are welcome to ask for their help.
The role of “concierge” in a hospital is to provide a bridge between patients and the hospital. They help you to solve problem when patients and their family face any trouble. (excluding medical actions)
• Showing each booth to first visit patients, the elderly and patients who are visiting our facility for the first time
• Guidance of patients with referrals
• Guidance of patients for consultation advise (timely), patients to consultation department, emergency department and general outpatient
• Guidance of customers to the health checkup center
• Welcoming visitors arriving by taxi and supporting with wheelchair
• Transportation support for elderly and those having difficulty walking with wheelchair
• Calling of taxi for elderly and those having difficulty walking
• Explanation of how to use the automatic fare adjustment machine
• Substitute for FAX manipulation
• Showing how to sign-in for visitation and showing of the elevator
Items needed at check-in
• Insurance card (only for the first consultation and once a month)
• Referral letter
• Infant medical certificate
• Hospital ID (only for revisits)
Showing your insurance card
We would ask you to show your insurance card at the beginning of every month for our confirmation. If there has been any change to your insurance card please let us know immediately.
Private Information Protection Law
• We comply with applicable laws and regulations including the “law to protect private information” in handling private information. We adopt “Guideline for Healthcare and Nursing Business Operator on Appropriate Handling of Private Information” mandated by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare as the guide.
• We create and comply with “Regulation to Handle Private Information” in order to recognize the importance of private information protection, obtain and use private information appropriately in practice and to protect private information.
• We will work to improve any issues concerning organization, human resources, engineering or physical areas to prevent unauthorized access, loss, destruction, manipulation and leakage of data of our patients’ private information.
• We will implement in-hospital educational activity to teach its importance while we also perform appropriate management and operation under the management system by creating a controller/responsible person for private information protection.
Regarding Private Information of our Patients
We will use patients’ record including the private information that we obtain for the following purposes:
• In-hospital use
・Healthcare insurance administration
・Information used to retain and improve healthcare services and operations
・Operational management related to patient: admittance and discharge control at wards, payment, medical accident report, improvement of healthcare services
• Providing information to other business operator
・Medical cooperation with other medical institution, pharmacy, home-visit nursing station
・Inquiry and response concerning healthcare service from other medical institution
・When requesting for any opinion or advise from external physicians or personnel regarding patients’ medical care
・Explanation of medical condition to patient’s family
・Healthcare insurance administration (consignment of health insurance administration, submission of bill to payment to review payment bodies)
・Reporting to administrative bodies based on the applicable laws and regulations
・Reporting on the results in case health checkup was conducted upon consignment
We will receive a consent from our patient in case patients’ private information are to be used for any purpose other than the above.
• Patients have rights to their private information on the following cases.
・Patients can claim disclosure of their own private information.
・Patients can claim for correction on their own disclosed private information upon prescribed procedure.
・Patients can propose to the hospital to obtain their explicit consent in advance in case any item above regarding the purpose of use is not agreeable. We assume that there is a consent if we receive no proposal.
・Patients can claim for termination of use, deletion and termination of offer of their private information upon predefined procedure in case your private information seems to have been handled inappropriately or there has been any change in their will in the consent.
If you have any question on handling of private information, please contact at the following number.
TEL：047-351-3101 Mr. Saijo Chief of the Medical Affairs Division
Handling of Private Information at Tokyo Bay
Handling of Private Information at Tokyo Bay
We will use your records including your private information for the following purposes.
“Patient Inquiry Counter” will help you answer to any question or inquiry concerning private information.
• In-hospital use
Healthcare insurance administration
Information used to retain and improve healthcare services and operations
Operational management related to patient: admittance and discharge control at wards, payment, medical accident report, improvement of healthcare services
• Providing information for an external use
Medical cooperation with other medical institution, pharmacy, home-visit nursing station
Inquiry and response concerning healthcare service from other medical institution
When requesting for any opinion or advise from external physicians or personnel regarding patient’s medical care
Explanation of medical condition to patients’ family
Healthcare insurance administration (consignment of health insurance administration, submission of bill to payment to review payment bodies)
Reporting to administrative bodies based on the applicable laws and regulations
Reporting on the results in case health checkup was conducted upon consignment
Consultation and notification to medical related special organization or insurance company concerning medical professional liability insurance
Cooperation for in-hospital education and training
Clinical study to improve the quality of medicine
Presentation for clinical study and conference（※）
※ Private information will be anonymized and protected in compliance with various study guidelines such as “Ethical Guidelines for Clinical Studies” for use in studies
In case any item above regarding the purpose of use is not agreeable please notify us at the “Patient Inquiry Counter”.
If we do not receive any notification, we will proceed in handling your information assuming that we have received your consent.
Patients can always repeal or change their proposal
Patients can claim for termination of use, deletion and termination of offer of their private information upon predefined procedure in case your private information seems to have been handled inappropriately or there has been any change in their will in the consent.
Participation of National Clinical Database (NCD)- Database Business on Surgery and Treatment Information
We are in participation of database business executed by National Clinical Database (NCD), a general incorporated association.
The project of the business aims to improve the quality of medicine and provide best medicine to patients through aggregated data and analysis by collecting and registering surgery and treatment information on the national level.
Involvement in this business of the corporation not only allow us consider adequate allocation of our physicians in providing appropriate medicine to our patients, but enable us to acquire information that can help us provide best medicine to our patients. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
• The content of patient information to be registered to NCD after January 1, 2015 will include: information concerning operation and treatment performed in our hospital and information associated to review efficacy and risk of surgery and treatment (age, height, weight etc.) Patient name will not be registered to NCD but ID having no relationship with your name will be used instead. We will strictly manage the correspondent chart binding ID and patient which will not be provided to NCD.
• Management of registered information, publication of results and registered information – use of these information themselves will not enable identification of patients with ease, but we will strictly manage these information as they include patients’ important information regardless of the issue. We comply with
law and agreement on information handling and safety control (“Private Information Protection Law”, “Ethical Guidelines for Epidemiology Research”, “Ethical Guidelines for Clinical Studies”, “Security Guidelines for Health Information System” etc.) regarding management of registered information at Tokyo Bay and NCD. For data publication, NCD approved data is the only aggregated data publicized. Registered data cannot be identified.
• Registration denial and Confirmation of Registered Information
Patients can deny registration if he/she prefers not to have his/her data registered. Please notify our staff your preference. Please also inform us if you wish to browse your own registered data or to delete your information. Patients will absolutely not suffer any penalty in receiving daily healthcare from registration denial or browsing and correcting your own information.
• Cooperation for registered data confirmation
NCD representative may browse chart and medical records of patients to confirm the accuracy of the registered data provided from Tokyo Bay to NCD. When we cooperate in this survey, we bind a confidentiality agreement with the NCD representative to prohibit revealing or exporting any information that identify patients such as patient and ID correspondent chart, and names. Please inform our staff if you have any question concerning our involvement in this project. Please also see the following information for more details.
Database business in collaboration with the specialist system
Medical care must be realized on a relationship of trust between patients and medical service providers.
Every patients has the following rights, and we provide medical care with respect of these rights.
• The right to receive high quality and safe medical care
• The right to receive medical care based on a mutual cooperation with medical service providers
• The right to receive clear and comprehensive explanation before giving consent
• The right to make decisions about treatment after receiving clear and comprehensive explanation and information
• The right to seek a second opinion from other hospitals
• The right to request for disclosure of all personal medical records
• The right to have their privacy and medical information strictly protected
• The right to refuse requests for cooperation in clinical research or studies
We would like to ask for your cooperation in providing appropriate medical care.
• Please tell us about your health as precisely as possible.
• Please feel free to ask questions if you do not understand our explanation.
• We will ask for your name to prevent false recognition.
• We ask for your cooperation to not disturb other patients.
Please note that hospital staff will not accept gratuities.
We participate in clinical trials and clinical studies proactively to establish better examination and therapy by giving careful consideration to privacy and security of our patients. We may ask for your cooperation to participate in a clinical trial or clinical study depending on the patient’s illness and condition. Moreover, we may utilize patients’ examination and therapeutic results collected during the therapy for the benefit of future treatments.
1. What is Clinical trial and clinical study ?
A “new drug” is tested on healthy participants and patients to consider and determine its safety and efficacy. The results obtained by the tests are reviewed by the government authority for an approval. Once approved it will be provided to people as a “drug”. We call such process to determine the effectiveness of such “new drug” as a clinical trial. On the contrary, clinical study is a research conducted to understand the mechanism of a disease by investigating the cause and assessing therapeutic strategies. The clinical study enables us to establish a better medical care in the future.
2. Our promise regarding clinical trials and clinical studies
We conduct clinical trials and clinical studies in our facility by giving utmost consideration to our patients’ privacy and security. Our ethics investigation committee perform timely review to enable for us to conduct appropriate and safe clinical studies in line with “Ethical Guidelines for Clinical Studies” mandated by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare. We may request a patient to participate in a clinical trial or clinical study, but the final decision on whether or not to participate will be made by the patient. Even if the patient does not wish to participate and declines the request, he/she will not be penalized in any way. Moreover, in case the patient decides to suspend for some reason after giving the consent, the patient can withdraw from a clinical trial or clinical study any time. Data acquired by clinical trials and clinical study will be used to confirm safety and efficacy of examinations and therapeutic strategies. There are cases where information is announced in special medical conferences and published in scientific journals, but patient privacy will be protected completely and absolutely no information identifying the individual will be publicized. If you have any questions please consult us any time.